A leading international 5* Global Hotel Brand looking to increase their market share through advanced social media.
The 5* Hotel brand was unable to increase the number of hotel bookings despite allocating huge marketing budgets for social media channels, especially Facebook and Instagram.
Here are a few factors that were responsible for the problem:
- Multiple strategies being deployed by different agencies and partners. The in-house staff was pretty much doing the same thing i.e. sending more traffic to a landing page by using native Facebook ad manager.
- Agencies and partners were not using the technology required to reach a wider audience and create a large scale impact.
- The company faced various challenges in finding the right partners. As a result, its campaign deployment time and creative consistency were adversely affected.
- Factors such as inefficiencies within the organization and varied time zones of external partners affected the execution timings and led to unnecessary delays.
- The digital marketing teams were not adequately trained to optimize the performance of the campaigns.
- The ad budget was divided into several small parts for various agencies, thereby reducing the expenditure available for each team.
- Poor implementation of tracking and conversion pixels to help monitor campaigns and expenditure.
At VONE Agency we constantly strive to come up with suitable solutions for complex marketing problems to scale the desired goals in a targeted time-frame. In this particular case, our objective was to use social media platforms to build an audience, create awareness, improve the brand, and then achieve better conversion rates leading to an increase in sales.
The first step towards solving this issue was to identify the reasons behind few conversions that were keeping the Hotels brand from reaching its sales goals.
Once we had a thorough understanding of the issues we were dealing with, the next step was to frame an effective strategy to address those challenges.
Our approach revolved around four basic Steps:
- Building a unified strategy, keeping in-mind the ultimate goal-to drive sales through the website and create online room sales.
- Ensuring that VONE Agencies digital experts are easily accessible for helping the airline with consultancy and skill enhancement.
- Leveraging Facebook and Instagram sales. Also using Facebook partner software to help automate processes and continue the campaign in an autopilot mode.
- Incorporating a two-phase approach for increasing hotel bookings
Here at VONE during both the phases, each channel would support the other by creating an incremental reach and enabling the target audience to flow down the funnel, thus completing the conversions.
Our strategy included the following:
- Leveraging powerful technology- Automated Facebook and Instagram optimization strategy.
- Using our Automated Facebook and Instagram Advertising Technology as a Facebook partner, to help scale the desired growth level.
Phase 1: Awareness
The first phase of the strategy emphasized on
three main points:
- Generating awareness about the brand, its various incentives as well as offers through Reach and Engagement campaigns.
- Using suitable creatives with content that grabs attention.
- Identifying the visitors who engage with the content or visit the website.
Phase 2- Hotel Bookings sales (Conversions)
The second phase had one basic objective:Focusing on maximizing conversions with specific lower funnel bidding strategies and utilizing custom as well as lookalike audiences from phase 1 activity.
A Unique Approach
The native Facebook ad tool failed to achieve the set target. However, our unique approach was able to overcome the shortcomings of the tool. Here is what we did differently.
- AutoPilot: Using Third-party software, we can autopilot the entire campaigns process and achieve effective results.
- Auto Bid: Continue Dynamic 24/7 bidding factors in goal pipeline auction environment and management style, also bid at ad level.
- Auto Budget Relocation: Algorithmic budget optimization guided by goal pipeline and ad set performance.
- Auto Pause: Select rules on automatic pausing of ads that aren’t performing well, help improve overall campaign CPA.
- Auto Management: Select from multiple management styles. An Automated Facebook optimization strategy.
Results and Highlights
Through our strategy, we were able to achieve 50 million impressions and reach 23.5 million people across 3 global regions. There was an increase of 7672%
in the traffic. The cost per acquisition or CPA was lower than other channels such as Twitter , Sojern , Google PPC etc.
The campaign resulted in the sale of 17,563 hotel bookings. Other than the aforementioned results,
VONE campaign strategy also led to the following long-term benefits:
- Built Custom Audience & Lookalike Audience
- Local Data Optimization
- High traffic
- Increase in ongoing sales
- Discovered hotpots for reaching potential customers
How can VONE Agency help?
VONE Agency is a Global Digital Agency that helps its customers attract the clients they would like to serve. We also help you tackle the challenges pertaining to digital transformation, time, budget and skills gap. Get in touch to know how we can help you solve all the digital marketing problems altogether.